My child is no longer a minor. Will the state child support agency still submit my debt for Federal Tax Refund Offset?

Publication Date: February 1, 2018


Yes.  Effective October 1, 2007, the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 allows states to submit cases for debts regardless of the child's age.

Last Reviewed Date: