Frequently Asked Questions

Displaying 1 - 10 of 11

Yes, tribes are required to recognize and enforce child support orders issued by state courts and other tribal courts.

Yes, you may request that the state transfer your case to your tribal child support program

Contact your tribal child support agency to apply for services. Each tribe will provide information about the documentation necessary to complete the application.

Both state and tribal child support agencies are required to establish guidelines for determining payment amounts

To establish paternity and child support, apply for services with either tribe or state

To find out if a tribe in your area has a tribal child support program, visit our contact map that lists all tribal child support programs by state.

Enforcement of a tribal child support order is similar to enforcement of a state child support order and tends to vary by tribe

If the tribe is operating a federally funded child support program, your caseworker should send the income withholding order to the tribal child support agency