Insurance Match Information for State Workers' Compensation Agencies

Publication Date: June 6, 2016

Did you know state Workers' Compensation agencies help children and families receive child support?

State Workers' Compensation (WC) agencies across the nation are participating in the OCSE program that compares information about individuals who owe past-due child support with information about individuals receiving periodic or lump-sum workers' compensation payments. Several state child support enforcement agencies may have existing agreements and matching programs with their state WC agency.  However, by participating in OCSE's WC program children who do not live in the same state as the obligor can receive child support. We live in a mobile society and many individuals owe child support in a state other than the one where they live.

Legal Authority

Title IV, Part D of the Social Security Act provides the legal authority for the comparison. The legal authority is based upon the provisions of the Social Security Act requiring OCSE to conduct the Federal Parent Locator Service (FPLS) and the provisions of the Social Security Act requiring each state to have in effect laws requiring the use of specified procedures to increase the effectiveness of the child support program administered by each state. See the additional information on the legal authority.

How can your agency/organization participate?

There are no fees to participate!

See How to participate in the Insurance Match Program. To join the Insurance Match Program or obtain additional information, contact the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement via email

Last Reviewed Date: