Safely Pursuing Child Support
When parents experience domestic violence, safety is a primary concern, especially if they decide to pursue child support. Survivors need safe opportunities to disclose information to their child support office. OCSE and its partners help parents to safeguard sensitive information. Adjusting child support services to meet the survivor’s circumstances or risks helps give peace of mind and access to greater financial stability.
Top Safely Pursuing Child Support Resources
- Published: October 1, 2012This fact sheet, produced by the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, explores the issues surrounding domestic violence.
- Published: April 18, 2016The Family Violence Prevention and Services Program helps provide shelters to victims, coordinate with states, increase public awareness, and more.
- Published: April 18, 2016The National Domestic Violence Hotline can help victims of domestic violence find the information and support they need.
- Published: June 19, 2011Describes collaboration efforts to reduce the risk of family violence and help violence survivors pursue child support safely
- Published: April 18, 2016VAWnet is a project of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence and a resource library on violence against women and related issues.
- Published: April 18, 2016Casa de Esperanza es una líder en el movimiento contra la violencia doméstica – also available in English.