image Visit coronavirus.govVisit disclaimer page for the latest Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) updates.
View ACF COVID-19 Responses and Resources

International Cases

The United States government has arrangements with other countries to provide child support services.  These international child support agreements specify procedures for establishing and enforcing child support orders across borders.

Contact your child support office to learn how international cases are handled in your state.

The U.S. government has arrangements with these countries to provide child support services.

  • Albania
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Bosnia and
  • Brazil
  • Bulgaria
  • Canada
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • El Salvador
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Honduras
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Montenegro
  • Netherlands
  • Nicaragua
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United Kingdom

International Case FAQs

  • Do I need to be a U.S. citizen or resident to apply for services?

    No. Residency or citizenship is not required for you to apply for child support services.

  • How do I apply for child support services in the U.S.?

    To apply for child support services in the U.S., contact your state or local child support office and ask for an application. Find your state child support agency website and contact information on the federal OCSE online interactive map.

  • What services can a U.S. child support agency provide?

    The state child support agency may provide a range of services including:

    • locating a missing parent
    • establishing paternity
    • establishing a support order
    • collecting support
    • modifying and enforcing a support order

    For information about these services, see the federal Child Support Handbook for Families.

  • How can I learn more about the Hague Treaty for International Child Support?

    The Hague Child Support Convention, in effect in the U.S. since January 1, 2017, provides greater cooperation and streamlined case processing among participating countries. For more information, visit our International webpage.

View More

Top International Case Resources

Last Reviewed: April 16, 2020

Was this page helpful?

Step One
I found this page helpful because the content on the page: (check all that apply)
I did not find this page helpful because the content on the page: (check all that apply)

Your feedback is important to us and will help improve our website. Thank you!

Step Two
Back to Top