FY 2019 Preliminary Data Report
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: June 23, 2020
TO: State IV-D Directors
SUBJECT: FY 2019 Preliminary Data Report
The Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Preliminary Data Report is now available, including the Excel file of data tables for your convenience. The report provides data from all state child support programs and includes information on collections, expenditures, paternities, orders established, and other program statistics. Please note that tribal data will be reported in the FY 2019 Annual Report to Congress but does not appear in the Preliminary Data Report.
The attached data and information represent a preliminary assessment of the program’s progress toward meeting our goals and objectives. It is provided as a resource for the child support community.
A few highlights from the FY 2019 preliminary report:
- Total distributed IV-D child support collections were $28.8 billion
- $27.6 billion, or 96% of the distributed collections were sent directly to families
- The program served 14.3 million children
- 88% of cases in the caseload had orders established
- 66% of current support due was collected
- 64% of cases with arrears had collections
- IV-D Paternity Establishment Percentage (PEP) is 102%
- Statewide PEP is 94%
- The cost-effectiveness rate is $5.06
The information in this report does not take into account the 2019 data reliability audits.
State officials should carefully review the data to ensure that numbers included in this report agree with timely submissions to the Office of Child Support Enforcement. Please contact regional offices with any concerns.
Scott M. Lekan
Office of Child Support Enforcement