OMB-Approved Standard Intergovernmental Child Support Enforcement Forms – December 2019
DATE: December 26, 2019
TO: State IV-D Agencies
SUBJECT: OMB-Approved Standard Intergovernmental Child Support Enforcement Forms — December 2019
The revised standard intergovernmental forms have been approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB Number 0970-0085) and are ready for use by state child support agencies, as required by section 311(b) of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) and 45 CFR 303.7(a)(4). The revised set of 13 forms and instructions incorporates mostly minor changes for clarity and consistency, especially related to safeguarding data. In addition, on the Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #3 — Request for Assistance/Discovery, we added a new action to facilitate payment processing for direct income withholding and clarified the payment forwarding action. On the Declaration in Support of Establishing Parentage form, the signature section now allows a representative of the state child support or foster care agency to sign. OCSE will provide webinar training on the revised forms in the coming months.
The complete list of revised intergovernmental forms below is available on the Intergovernmental Child Support Enforcement Forms page on the OCSE website.
- Child Support Agency Confidential Information Form.pdf (PDF)
- Child Support Locate Request.pdf (PDF)
- Declaration in Support of Establishing Parentage.pdf (PDF)
- General Testimony.pdf (PDF) (and instructions.pdf (PDF))
- Letter of Transmittal Requesting Registration.pdf (PDF)
- Notice of Determination of Controlling Order.pdf (PDF)
- Personal Information Form for UIFSA 311.pdf (PDF)
- Child Support Agency Request for Change of Support Payment Location Pursuant to UIFSA § 319.pdf
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #1 — Initial Request.pdf
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #1 — Acknowledgment.pdf
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #2 — Subsequent Actions.pdf
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #3 — Request for Assistance/Discovery.pdf
- Uniform Support Petition.pdf (PDF)
OCSE thoroughly analyzed all the comments we received during the 60-day comment period and finalized the forms. In our review, we balanced the need to be responsive to comments with the impact of changes on state and federal systems.
EXPIRATION DATE: The new expiration date for the standard intergovernmental forms is December 31, 2022.
EFFECTIVE DATE: Because implementing the revised forms will require updates to state systems, state child support agencies have one year, until December 31, 2020, to implement the revised forms. Therefore, please continue to honor the previous forms until states are able to implement the revised set.
SUPERSEDES: OCSE AT-17-01
INQUIRIES: ACF OCSE Regional Program Managers
Scott M. Lekan
Office of Child Support Enforcement