State Plan Material – expires July 31, 2023
DATE: August 14, 2020
TO: State IV-D Agencies
SUBJECT: State Plan Material — expires July 31, 2023
The federal Office of Management and Budget approved the following forms with minor edits:
- State Plan Support Collection and Establishment of Paternity Title IV-D (state plan cover sheet)
- State Plan Table of Contents
- OCSE-21-U4 form
On the OCSE-21-U4, OCSE removed outdated language, clarified the instructions, and added an option for states to electronically request or renew an exemption from the mandatory laws and procedures in section 466 of the Social Security Act via the online state plan system.
As a condition of receiving federal financial participation, the state IV-D agency must have an approved state plan describing the nature and scope of its child support program that meets all federal requirements. The state plan consists of the preprinted state plan pages and any related attachments and contains the information necessary for OCSE to determine whether the plan may be approved. See AT-15-02 for the automated state plan submission and review process.
ACTION REQUIRED: No action required
EFFECTIVE DATE: The new expiration date is July 31, 2023.
INQUIRIES: ACF OCSE Region Program Managers
Scott M. Lekan
Office of Child Support Enforcement
- PDF OMB 0970-0017 - OCSE-21-U4 State Plan Transmittal Form.pdf (178.01 KB)
- PDF OCSE 100 State Plan Cover Page.pdf (154.27 KB)
- PDF OCSE State Plan Table of Contents.pdf (143.28 KB)