Federal Laws & Regulations
The following laws and regulations provide policy and program requirements related to the child support program.
Policy Guidance Overview
OCSE provides program requirements, program information, policy guidance, and program instructions using several types of documents.
- Action Transmittal (AT) describes actions that programs must take to comply with new and amended federal laws (available from 1975)
- Dear Colleague Letter (DCL) conveys general information on program activities (available from 1989)
- Information Memorandum (IM) provides information on program practices that may be useful for program improvement (available from 1989)
- Policy Interpretation Question (PIQ) responds formally to policy inquiries (available from 1999)
- International Policy transmits guidance on international child support (available from 1993)
- Tribal Policy provides guidance on tribal child support (available from 1995)
2018 Policy Documents
- ‹ Previous Year
- Next Year ›
- September 12, 2018Reminds tribes to submit the OCSE-75 Tribal Annual Data Report by December 29, 2018June 7, 2018Notifies tribes of the services OCSE provides for the MTSFebruary 5, 2018Announces publication of the training on Finding the Right Security Control Assessor for FPLS Access
Last Reviewed: March 28, 2018