Electronic Income Withholding Orders (e-IWO) - Answers to Employers’ Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Electronic Income Withholding Orders or e-IWO process?
- What are the benefits of e-IWO?
- How does an employer register to use e-IWO?
- Does the e-IWO process send income withholding orders to the employer by email?
- What hardware does an employer need to participate in the e-IWO process?
- Does OCSE charge a fee for an employer to use e-IWO?
- Does the employer come to the e-IWO Portal to pick up orders?
- How quickly will the employer get the orders through e-IWO?
- Are all states using the e-IWO process?
For more information, visit e-IWO.
e-IWO is an efficient and cost-effective way to electronically exchange income withholding order (IWO) information between state child support agencies and employers.
Some of the benefits include:
- Money gets to the family faster
- An employer can acknowledge receipt of each IWO and quickly respond to the state when an employee is no longer employed
- Increased accuracy, and reliability of data
- Saves time, money, and resources
Contact the e-IWO Team at email@example.com to register for e-IWO.
No. OCSE places all files on a secure server designated by the employer for information exchange. Visit the e-IWO webpage for more information.
The e-IWO process requires either a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) server, File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS) server or a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server with a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
No. OCSE sends orders to a secure server designated by the employer.
Employers receive their e-IWOs the day after the state child support agency generates them.
Not at this time. See which states are using e-IWO.