Final Rule Resources
Flexibility, Efficiency, and Modernization in Child Support Programs Final Rule
The Flexibility, Efficiency, and Modernization in Child Support Enforcement Programs final rule was published on December 20, 2016, in the Federal Register, Volume 81, Number 244, on page 93492.
This overview document summarizes how the new regulation strengthens and updates the child support program by amending existing rules.
Final Rule Fact Sheets
- Final Rule Summary: Highlights the new regulation and how it affects states and families
- Guidelines: Discusses updates to guidelines for setting and establishing child support orders
- Civil Contempt - Ensuring Noncustodial Parents Have the Ability to Pay: Focuses on revisions to ensure child support case outcomes are just and comply with due process
- Modification for Incarcerated Parents: Highlights updates for setting realistic child support obligations for incarcerated parents
- Case Closure: Outlines circumstances that permit states to close a case
AT-16-06: Provides information about the final rule including effective dates, comments, and an outline of regulation topics with corresponding pages for easy reference
Compliance Dates Listed by Federal Requirement: Provides information regarding the effective date and compliance dates by federal requirement for the child support final rule
AT-17-03: Notifies states of State Plan pages and their due dates for submission to comply with the child support final rule
For state child support trainers, provides the presentation slides and speaker notes on overview of the child support final rule.