OMB-approved Standard Intergovernmental CSE Forms – December 2016
DATE: January 12, 2017
TO: State and Tribal Agencies Administering Child Support Enforcement Plans under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act and Other Interested Individuals
SUBJECT: OMB-approved Standard Intergovernmental CSE Forms – December 2016
SUMMARY: The revised standard intergovernmental forms have been approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB Number 0970-0085) and are ready for use by state child support agencies, as required by Section 311(b) of the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) and 45 CFR 303.7(a)(4). The set of 13 forms, including 4 new forms, is updated to reflect policy developments in such areas as protecting personally identifiable information and gender neutrality; they also reflect advancements in communication methods and technology. OCSE will provide webinar training on the revised forms in the coming months.
The complete list of revised intergovernmental forms is below and also available on the Intergovernmental Child Support Enforcement Forms page on the OCSE website.
- Child Support Agency Confidential Information Form (New)
- Child Support Locate Request
- Declaration in Support of Establishing Parentage
- General Testimony (and instructions)
- Letter of Transmittal Requesting Registration
- Notice of Determination of Controlling Order
- Personal Information Form for UIFSA 311 (New)
- Child Support Agency Request for Change of Support Payment Location Pursuant to UIFSA § 319 (New)
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #1 – Initial Request
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #1 – Acknowledgment (New)
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #2 – Subsequent Actions
- Child Support Enforcement Transmittal #3 – Request for Assistance/Discovery
- Uniform Support Petition
The last set of standard intergovernmental forms was distributed via AT-14-02 in 2014. With the assistance of a state-federal workgroup, composed of staff with expertise in intergovernmental case processing, OCSE proposed revisions to the forms in August 2015 and requested public feedback in compliance with Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. (See Federal Register Volume 80, Number 149 on page 46286 and DCL-15-12.)
In 2016, OCSE, with input from the workgroup, thoroughly analyzed all comments and finalized the new revised forms. We balanced the need to be responsive to comments with the impact of changes on state and federal systems.
REFERENCES: 42 U.S.C. 666(f) requires all states to have in effect the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act of 2008 (UIFSA). Section 311(b) of UIFSA requires the use of federally approved forms in interstate CSE proceedings. Tribal child support agencies are not required to use these forms.
ACTION REQUIRED: States will need time to make system programming changes to automate the new forms. Therefore, please continue to honor the previous forms set until states are able to implement the revised set.
EFFECTIVE DATE: Because implementing the revised forms will require updates to state systems, state child support agencies have one year, until January 15, 2018, to implement the revised forms.
EXPIRATION DATE: The new expiration date for the standard intergovernmental forms is December 31, 2019.
SUPERSEDED MATERIAL: OCSE AT-14-02
INQUIRIES: ACF OCSE Regional Program Managers
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers
Tribal IV-D Directors
- Locate Request (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (89.78 KB)
- Confidential Information Form (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (240.31 KB)
- Declaration in Support of Establishing Parentage (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (232.5 KB)
- General Testimony (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (393.96 KB)
- General Testimony Instructions (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (193.12 KB)
- Letter of Transmittal Requesting Registration (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (142.58 KB)
- Notice of Determination of Controlling Order (expired 12/31/2019) .pdf (105.87 KB)
- Personal Information Form (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (164.25 KB)
- Request For Change of Support Payment Location (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (157.89 KB)
- Transmittal #1 - Initial Request (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (169.83 KB)
- Transmittal #1 - Initial Request Acknowledgement (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (88.53 KB)
- Transmittal #2 Subsequent Actions (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (125.45 KB)
- Transmittal #3 Request For Assistance/Discovery (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (135.72 KB)
- Uniform Support Petition (expired 12/31/2019).pdf (164.22 KB)