Operating a Child Support-Led Employment Program
Training: Reinvesting Child Support Incentive Payments and Section 1115 Waivers
Please join us to hear from state leaders in child support and human services about their experience reinvesting incentive payments and using Section 1115 waivers to fund employment services for noncustodial parents. The webinar will highlight recent guidance on using these funding sources for an employment program for parents who are unable to pay child support.
Come prepared to learn:
- Requirements of the exemption request and waiver application process
- Key elements to consider about each funding model
- Overviews of employment program models and the services provided
- Results, challenges, successes, and key lessons learned
Learn from your peers and avoid reinventing the wheel! You’ll get examples of strategies other states have used in their applications and requests, and hear about the ways they implemented employment services to reduce payment barriers and improve compliance.
This webinar is designed to help state child support directors, leaders in human services, and decision-makers gain insight into the use of exemptions and waivers to design and implement noncustodial parent employment programs.
Date and Time: March 2, 2020 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
Texas Office of Attorney General, Child Support Division
- Ruth Anne Thornton, Director of Child Support and IV-D Director
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Economic Services Administration
- David Stillman, Assistant Secretary
- Sharon Redmond, IV-D Director
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, Child Support Program
- Debra Barnes, Bureau Director, Child Support
- Kari Smith, Policy and Program Analyst – Advanced, Child Support