Tribal Directors Resource Guide
TRIBAL DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTER
DATE: February 6, 2017
TO: ALL TRIBAL IV-D DIRECTORS
SUBJECT: Tribal Directors Resource Guide
ATTACHMENT: Tribal Child Support Directors Resource Guide
I am pleased to announce that the Tribal Child Support Directors Resource Guide is now available on our website. This guide gives new directors and staff important information about the tribal child support program requirements. Seasoned child support directors will find it useful too.
The resource guide provides a broad overview of the history of the tribal child support program as well as details on:
- Program requirements, including federal regulations;
- Information technology including the Model Tribal System (MTS);
- Financial requirements, such as budget development and submission;
- Accountability and monitoring, including reporting obligations;
- Management and operation functions, such as case management and emergency planning; and
- Miscellaneous resources, such as access to training modules and training opportunities.
The resource guide at https://www.acf.hhs.gov/css/tribal-directors-resource-guide can be viewed online or downloaded by chapter or in its entirety.
I would like to thank the numerous tribal child support directors and staff who provided feedback during the pilot of the draft guide. Your input helped to shape this useful document.
Donna J. Bonar
Office of Child Support Enforcement
cc: ACF/OCSE Regional Program Managers