- What is EDE?
- What can I do in EDE?
- How can I access EDE?
- How can my state participate or begin using EDE?
In response to states’ requests, we developed a way for states to exchange child support documents and Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA) forms electronically to improve the efficiency of child support case processing. After extensive discussions with states about their document sharing needs, we developed the EDE application.
EDE is an application on the Child Support Portal (Portal) that provides a secure way for states to exchange child support documents and UIFSA forms electronically. EDE benefits states by reducing the cost of postage and handling, and delivering documents to other states faster than standard methods.
- Request documents from another state participating in EDE
- Respond to requests
- View and download responses
- Send unsolicited documents to an EDE participant in support of a CSENet transaction to open a case or to update documents for an existing case
- Download unsolicited documents
- View reports (restricted to a supervisor)
Your state governs who can access the EDE application. If you have questions regarding access to EDE in your state, contact your supervisor or the Portal administrator.
You can get additional information about how to access or use EDE by contacting the Service Desk at 800-258-2736 or email@example.com. Once you have access, your state may upload imaged documents using methods such as imaging systems or scanners.