The Tribal Budget Toolbox contains standardized spreadsheets, training PowerPoints, and other materials to help tribal child support agencies submit their budget by August 1 each year. The toolbox is the result of a collaboration between OCSE and the Office of Grants Management to create uniformity and consistency in the budget submission process.
Tribal Budget Toolbox Materials
|1||Checklist.pdf (PDF)(121 KB)||A list of required information to include in an annual tribal child support Budget Packet submission.|
|2||Budget Packet.pdf (PDF)(983 KB)||Detailed guidance and information to help create a uniform and organized budget packet, including budget submission methods and the use of GrantSolutions.|
|3||Tribal Budget and Justification Narrative Template||Two options for creating the budget and justification narrative:|
|Option 1 - Microsoft Excel Template.xlsx (XLSX) (119 KB)||An Excel template that may be used to develop and submit the required Tribal Budget and Justification Narrative.|
Option 2 - Microsoft Word Template.docx (DOCX) (73 KB)
Word Template in PDF (PDF)
A Word template that may be used to develop and submit the required Tribal Budget and Justification Narrative.
|4||Non-Federal Share of Child Support Expenditures Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF) (151 KB)||
Information about the non-federal share contribution tribes must provide to receive funding for operating a comprehensive tribal child support program.
|5||Talking Points for Directors.pdf (PDF)(111 KB)||A tool to help tribal child support directors educate stakeholders about child support federal funding and the budget process.|
|6||Budget Requirements - Allowable Costs Training.pdf (PDF) (485 KB)||Describes budget requirements found in the Code of Federal Regulations regarding allowable costs; the reasonable, necessary and allocable requirement; and cost allocation.|
|7||Toolbox Training.pdf (PDF) (2 MB)||A PDF version of the May 12, 2016 webinar training on the components of a complete budget package, new tools for budget development, best practices, and pitfalls to avoid for a smooth budget approval process. Below is a link to the on-demand version of this presentation.|
Webinar - Tribal Budget Toolbox Overview
- PDF Tribal Child Support Budget Requirements-Allowable Costs Training.pdf (485.13 KB)
- PDF Tribal Child Support Budget Toolbox Training.pdf (1,837.55 KB)
- PDF Tribal Budget Talking Points for Directors.pdf (111.16 KB)
- PDF Tribal Child Support Budget Packet.pdf (982.62 KB)
- DOCX Tribal Budget Justification Narrative Template.doc (57.99 KB)
- XLSX Tribal Budget Justification Narrative Worksheet.xlsx (118.58 KB)
- PDF Annual Tribal Child Support Budget Checklist (120.79 KB)
- PDF Non-Federal Share of Child Support Expenditures.pdf (212.44 KB)
- PDF PDF Version of Tribal Budget and Narrative Justification Template - Word (966.22 KB)