- Login to your ACF account using your username and password as you normally would.
(If you do not have a username and password submit an email to Digital Communications).
- A prompt will inform you that you need to set up TFA on your account.
Re-enter your password to continue
- You will see a manual verification code and a QR code you can scan with your phone.
Download From App store- iOS/Android
On your smartphone, open up the App Store on your iPhone or the Google Play Store on your Android device. Search for “Google Authenticator.”
The Google Authenticator app will appear as the top search result:
- If you are using the App Store, select “Get” and then “Install”, as you do with any app you are installing.
- if you are using Google Play, Choose the “Install” option.
Note: you may need to enter your App/Play Store password to verify that you want to download the application.
- Exit the app store and wait for the app to download before continuing
- Open Google Authenticator APP
- A menu will appear that will allow to you either scan the QR code on the ACF website or manually enter the verification code that appears above the QR code
- Note: Android users should tap the “Begin Setup” button on the first screen in the application
- If you select “Scan a barcode,” your phone’s camera will activate. Hold your phone close to the screen to allow the camera to capture the QR code
Final App Steps
When the QR code or manual code has processed, Google Authenticator will generate a six-digit verification code and display it
- Type the six-digit code you see in the app into the ACF website below the QR code. Then select verify and save.
- Note: the code has a timer; if the timer expires you may need to enter in a new code before continuing your login
Your Google Authentication setup is Complete! You should now have full access your ACF account. You will also receive an email confirmation that TFA has been configured for your account.