The Early Childhood Self-Assessment Tool for Family Shelters The Administration for Children and Families (ACF) originally developed the Self-Assessment tool in 2014, and was recently updated in 2020. ECD has supported and participated in the validation and revision process. View the new tool here.
- Natural Disaster Shelters
- Domestic Violence Shelters
- Maternity Group Homes
- Family Shelters
- Continuums of Care
- Early Care and Learning Providers
Ways to Take Action
- Build relationships with your Local Shelter Board Visit disclaimer page and local Continuum of Care Visit disclaimer page to emphasize the need for homeless services that are tailored for young children.
- Share this tool with other emergency shelter providers in your area, either informally or through your community’s Local Shelter Board and Continuum of Care.
- Connect with your local Head Start program Visit disclaimer page and Child Care Resources Visit disclaimer page .
- Review recommended strategies for increasing early care and education services for homeless children.