Become a Grant Reviewer for the Street Outreach Program
Become a Federal Grant Reviewer
Professionals, Community Leaders, Educators and College/University/Graduate Students
Join a dynamic field of innovative, critical thinkers, practitioners, policy makers with great analytical team building skills as they work to collectively assist the government in making federal funding decisions that benefit our national community. Reviewers work remotely from the privacy of their home or office, and receive monetary compensation upon successful completion of a panel review.
The Family & Youth Services Bureau (FYSB), Runaway & Homeless Youth (RHY) Program, is actively recruiting new reviewers to support the evaluation of federal grant applications submitted for the Street Outreach Program (SOP). Through the SOP, FYSB supports work with homeless, runaway, street youth and possibly youth exposed to human trafficking, to help them find stable housing and services.
- Must be a Professional with human services or public health experience, to include program work in at-risk youth and/or crisis intervention, or a Student pursuing a degree in a Human Services field.
- Must have organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate complex materials.
- Must have comprehensive writing skills.
- Must be comfortable participating in a virtual team environment.
- Must be available to participate in mandatory training webinars.
- Must have ability to effectively utilize the internet and web-based technology.
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking in English.
- Must be committed to the review process for the duration.
- High Speed Internet
- Windows or Mac-based interface
- Adobe Acrobat or other PDF reader
Level of Commitment:
- Participation approx. three (3) mandatory training sessions.
- Devote 6-8 hours daily over a period of 5 consecutive days to read, evaluate and score applications.
- Devote 3-4 days for panel consensus discussion, if necessary.
- PDF Street Outreach Program Grant Reviewer Recruiting Flyer (167.99 KB)