FY 2020 CARES Act Supplemental Funding Guidance for FVPSA Formula Grantees: Abbreviated Application Process Memo, Allowable Use of Funds, and Reporting Instructions
The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Administration for Children Youth and Families (ACYF), and Family and Youth Services Bureau (FYSB) is committed to providing resources and flexibility to communities in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency and are pleased to announce the release of the Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA) Program’s Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act supplemental funding for FVPSA formula grantees. On May 11, 2020, ACF’s Office of Grants Management will begin the immediate release of CARES Act supplemental funding for FVPSA funded States, Tribes, and Coalitions. Each State, Tribe, and Coalition will receive an electronic notice of award via email.
This supplemental funding comes through provisions of the CARES Act, which was signed into law on March 27, 2020. Through the CARES Act, the FVPSA Program received $45 million in supplemental funding for formula grantees and $2 million in supplemental funding for the National Domestic Violence Hotline. This funding will provide flexibility in how agencies can prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 public health emergency while addressing the evolving needs of domestic violence survivors and local domestic violence programs within their communities.
The FVPSA Program is implementing a streamlined application process for all FVPSA formula grantees to receive CARES Act funding. The documents linked below provide all the additional details needed to complete this streamlined application process. All application documents need to be submitted through Grant Solutions within 30 days of the supplemental award release date which will be June 11, 2020. The project period for this supplemental funding for the States, Tribes, and Coalitions is March 27, 2020 through September 30, 2021. Please direct any questions to the FVPSA Project Officer and OGM Grants Management Specialist assigned to your grant.
- CARES Act Supplemental Funding Overview Memo – provides an overview of how FVPSA’s CARES Act supplemental funding will be disseminated and key supplemental funding deadlines;
- CARES Act Reporting Instructions for States and Tribes – provides the required documents that need to be submitted to the FVPSA Program via Grant Solutions for the supplemental funding;
- CARES Act Reporting Instructions for Coalitions – provides the required documents that need to be submitted to the FVPSA Program via Grant Solutions for the supplemental funding; and
- CARES Act Use of Funding document – lists allowable activities to support your COVID-19 efforts in preventing, preparing and responding to COVID-19 to support victims of family violence, domestic violence, and dating violence.
- Abbreviated Supplemental Funding Process for FVPSA Formula Grantees (127.53 KB)
- FY 2020 CARES Act Allowable Use of Funds for FVPSA Formula Grantees (168.34 KB)
- FY 2020 CARES Act Supplemental Funding Guidance and Reporting Requirements for FVPSA State Admins and Tribes (172.29 KB)
- FY 2020 CARES Act Supplemental Funding Guidance and Reporting Requirements for FVPSA State DV Coalitions (146.97 KB)