Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Training, Technical Assistance, and Annual Meeting Logistical Support
Contractor: Research Triangle Institute International
The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program funds a contract with Research Triangle Institute International (RTI International) to provide grantees with training and technical assistance support. The objectives of this contract are to provide training and technical assistance to support APP grantees. Specifically, this project seeks to:
- provide training and resources to enhance service quality, ensure fidelity of program implementation and appropriateness of adaptations of evidence-based models, and enhance grantee skill sets to reduce adolescent pregnancy;
- disseminate knowledge and technical assistance;
- provide technical assistance individually and in small groups;
- monitor grantees’ programmatic performance;
- identify the APP needs of the FYSB grantees and provide recommendations for approaches and speakers to be incorporated at the APP grantee conference;
- provide planning and logistical support for annual grantee conferences; and
- support a web-based resource center entitled The Exchange Visit disclaimer page .
The RTI International subcontractors that provide grantees with training and technical expertise are:
- Healthy Teen Network
- ETR Associates
- National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy
Evaluation Technical Assistance and Support
The Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention (APP) Program funds multiple contracts with Mathematica Policy Research (MPR) to support the evaluation and data collection efforts of the Personal Responsibility Education Program (PREP) and other projects. A significant federal partner for the contractual services is the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE). Together, we have worked with grantees to integrate research into their programming, in order to learn, improve and advance the field of teen pregnancy prevention. Performance and evaluation projects document how PREP is implemented and who is served, assess program effectiveness, and spur on program innovation. Additionally, these projects translate research findings, to promote continuous improvement of PREP programming on the ground, and to inform the public and other stakeholders about PREP accomplishments. Training and technical assistance resources are available to grantees to support the development and implementation of independent evaluations of their programs, to collect performance measure data, and to develop conceptual models for legislatively mandated adulthood preparation subjects.
The APP Program also collaborates with the office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation and Office of Adolescent Health to support research efforts and evaluation technical assistance to grantees.
The current portfolio of APP research, evaluation, and data collection projects supported through contracts with MPR includes the following: