Mandatory: Formula, Block and Entitlement Grants
Changes to Acquisition Thresholds
The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 increased the micro-purchase threshold to $10,000 and the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT) to $250,000. In addition, the NDAA FY2017 enables research institutions to request micro-purchase thresholds above $10,000. However, these changes have not been codified in the FAR. As a result, through Memorandum M-18-18,Visit disclaimer page OMB issued an exception that allows the increased thresholds to be used pending codification in the FAR, effective June 20, 2018.
Federal agencies are required to implement the procurement threshold changes in the Notice of Award (NoA) Terms and Conditions, and recipients may implement the changes in their internal procedures. The Award Term for Micro-Purchase and Simplified Acquisition Threshold Exception explains the provisions of NDAA FY18 and FY17, and applies to all ACF awardees.
These pages consist of informaton, guidance, and materials related to Real Property and Tangible Personal Property (i.e., equipment and supplies). Currently it will not include Intangle Property (ie.g., copyright, patents, or securities). For more information, please see Property. Only a few mandatory grant programs allow federal funds to be used for acquisition/purchase, construction, and/or major renovations. For more information, please see the Applicable ACF Programs listing.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all mandatory grant programs administered by ACF.
Please also review the Program Specific Terms and Conditions that apply to each individual grant program.
ADMINISTRATION ON CHILDREN, YOUTH AND FAMILIES: CHILDREN'S BUREAU
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Adoption and Legal Guardianship Incentive Program
- Child Abuse and Neglect State Grants
- Children's Justice Act Program
- Community Based Child Abuse Prevention
- Education and Training Vouchers Program
- Foster Care Program
- Guardianship Assistance Program
- John H. Chafee Foster Care Program for Successful Transition to Adulthood
- Promoting Safe and Stable Families
- Promoting Safe and Stable Families - Case Worker Visits
- State Court Improvement Program - Basic
- State Court Improvement Program – Training
- State Court Improvement Program – Data
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Child Welfare Services Program
ADMINISTRATION ON CHILDREN, YOUTH AND FAMILIES: FAMILY AND YOUTH SERVICES BUREAU
- Abstinence Education Program
- Family Violence Prevention Services – State Domestic Violence Coalitions
- Family Violence Prevention Services - States and Tribes Program
- Personal Responsibility Education Program
- State Domestic Domestic Coalition
- State Sexual Risk Avoidance Education