Publication Date: October 8, 2014
|States/Territories||Average Number of Families||Average Number of Children|
|District of Columbia||1,200||1,700|
|Northern Mariana Islands||200||200|
Data as of: 9-JUN-2014
Notes applicable to this table:
- The source for this table is ACF-801 data for FY 2013.
- All counts are "adjusted" numbers of families and children, unless otherwise indicated. These "adjusted" numbers represent the number funded through CCDF only (which includes Federal Discretionary, Mandatory, and Matching Funds; TANF transfers to CCDF; and State Matching and Maintenance of Effort Funds). The "adjusted" number is the raw or "unadjusted" number reported by the State multiplied by its pooling factor, as reported on the ACF-800. This report takes this factor into consideration in calculating the "adjusted" numbers or percentages.
- All States provide an actual unadjusted count of families served each month. For States reporting full population data, the number of child records reported each month were directly counted. However, for States that only submit samples, the ratio of children-to-families was determined each month from the samples and then multiplied by the reported number of families to obtain an estimate of the unadjusted number of children served each month. The unadjusted average number of families and children was obtained from the monthly numbers in the FY, as reported on the ACF-801 summary (header) record.
- At the time of publication, Mississippi had submitted 11 months of ACF-801 data for FY 2013. All other States and Territories had submitted the full 12 months of data.
- The reported results shown above have been rounded to the nearest 100. The National numbers are simply the sum of the State and Territory numbers.
Last Reviewed Date: