ChildCare.gov Visit disclaimer page is a national consumer education website that is supported by the Office of Child Care (OCC) and is designed to provide families across the country with the child care information they need. Through its See Your State’s Resources tool, ChildCare.gov connects families directly to resources in their state or territory that will help them do the following:
- Search for local child care programs by ZIP Code.
- Learn about their child care options.
- Find information about available financial assistance to help with child care costs.
- Support their child’s development at home and in child care settings.
- Learn about the full array of resources and supports available to them in their state or territory.
ChildCare.gov’s New “COVID-19 Resources and Information” Page
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has brought a new set of challenges for families and child care providers to navigate. ChildCare.gov has recently launched a new dedicated COVID-19 Resources and Information Visit disclaimer page webpage to help them navigate these challenges. ChildCare.gov now includes information to help families and child care providers learn more about the impact of COVID-19 in their state or territory, including ways to find emergency care.
The ChildCare.gov COVID-19 Resources and Information page provides links to the following types of information for each state and territory as it becomes available:
- General COVID-19 information—Links to general COVID-19 resource pages for each state and territory
- COVID-19 child care information for families—Links to information for families about COVID-19 and child care options
- COVID-19 information for providers—Links to guidance and resources related to COVID-19 for child care providers
- Child care financial assistance—Links to information about how COVID-19 may affect child care financial assistance
- Status of child care—Status updates indicating whether child care programs are open or closed
- Emergency care information—Links to information and resources to help essential workers understand their child care options and to help them find care and links to information to help child care providers support essential workers’ child care needs
- Help in finding care—Links to help families contact their state’s child care resource and referral services, should they need support finding care.
Read the recent press release about this new resource.
ChildCare.gov Site Information
The information on the ChildCare.gov website is updated frequently in response to changes within each state and territory, so it is important to regularly check the website for updated information. If you have any questions about ChildCare.gov Visit disclaimer page or its dedicated COVID-19 Resources and Information Visit disclaimer page page, please contact the Child Care State Capacity Building Center, a service of OCC, at CapacityBuildingCenter@ecetta.info.