CCDF Construction and Renovation Procedures for Indian Tribes
Program Instruction CCDF-ACF-PI-2010-03
Administration for Children and Families
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
- Log No: CCDF-ACF-PI-2010-03
- Issuance Date: April 7, 2010
- Originating Office: Child Care Bureau, Office of Family Assistance
- Key Words: Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF); Construction and Renovation Procedures for Indian Tribes
To: Tribal Lead Agencies administering child care programs under the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 1990, as amended, and other interested parties.
References: Section 658O(c)(6) of the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG) Act of 1990, as amended. 45 CFR 98.2, 98.83(g), and 98.84. ACYF-PIQ-CC-99-01.
Subject: Procedures for Requests from Tribal Lead Agencies to Use Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Funds for Construction or Major Renovation of Child Care Facilities
Background: The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-193) amended the CCDBG Act to allow Tribal Lead Agencies to use CCDF funds for construction or renovation of child care facilities. A Tribal Lead Agency must first request and receive approval from the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) before using CCDF funds for construction or major renovation. Under the law, ACF must develop and implement uniform procedures for the solicitation and consideration of requests. This Program Instruction contains the uniform procedures.
This Program Instruction supersedes CCDF-ACF-PI-2007-03 (issued May 9, 2007). The revised procedures contained in this new Program Instruction update the construction and renovation procedures by:
- Clarifying that an estimate of ongoing costs such as staffing costs, supplies, insurance premiums, maintenance costs, property taxes, and any other operating costs for the facility or the child care program is required.
- Clarifying that applicants are required to provide documentation of the sources and uses of any non-CCDF funds, including a cost-allocation plan for projects that are shared with other programs.
- Deleting reference to Executive Orders 13202 and 13208, which are no longer applicable.
- Clarifying a number of application items and other requirements.
Effective Date: These revised procedures apply to construction and renovation applications submitted after the date of issuance of this Program Instruction. Questions Direct all inquiries to the appropriate Child Care Bureau Regional Program Manager listed at Attachment G Visit disclaimer page .
Ann H. Barbagallo
Office of Family Assistance
A - Procedures for Requests to Use CCDF Funds for Construction or Major Renovation of Child Care Facilities
B - Compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act
C - Compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act
D - Application Checklist
E - Documents and Deadlines to be Submitted to the ACF Regional Offices
F - Sample Notice of Federal Interest
G - Child Care Bureau Program Managers in ACF Regional Offices
- PDF CCDF-ACF-PI-2010-03 (348.92 KB)