Procedures to Consolidate the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Program with other Employment and Training Funding Sources under a Pub.L. 102-477 Plan
Program Instruction: CCDF-ACF-PI-2015-06
- Log No: CCDF-ACF-PI-2015-06
- Issuance Date: June 4, 2015
- Originating Office: Office of Child Care (OCC)
- Key Words: Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Fiscal Year 2016 Funding; Application and Plan Requirements to Consolidate CCDF under a 102-477 Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Plan
CHILD CARE AND DEVELOPMENT FUND
TO: Tribes consolidating child care programs under Public Law (Pub.L.)102-477. This Program Instruction only applies to Tribes currently operating or planning to operate an employment, training, and related services program under Pub.L. 102-477.
Purpose: To provide information on the procedures to consolidate the Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) program with other employment and training funding sources under a Pub.L. 102-477 Plan.
References: The Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 1990 (CCDBG) as amended (42 U.S.C. 9858 et seq.); section 418 of the Social Security Act (42U.S.C. 618); 45 CFR Parts 98 and 99; and the Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992, as amended (Pub.L. 102-477) (25 U.S.C 3401et seq.).
Background: The Indian Employment, Training, and Related Services Demonstration Act of 1992, as amended (Pub.L.102-477) was enacted to:
- Demonstrate how Indian tribal governments can integrate the employment, training, and related services they provide in order to improve the effectiveness of those services;
- Reduce joblessness in Indian communities; and
- Serve tribally-determined goals consistent with the policies of self-determination.
Tribes that choose to consolidate their CCDF funds under a 477 Plan are required to operate comprehensive CCDF programs. By applying for CCDF funds, a Tribe agrees to follow the provisions of the CCDBG Act of 1990, as amended, and applicable regulations at 45 CFR 98 and 99, including the obligation and liquidation periods at 45 CFR 98.60(e