CSBG Dear Colleague 2020-13 FY 2019 Annual Report - Due Date Extended
After much consideration, the Office of Community Services decided to extend the due date for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Annual Report submissions. The CSBG Annual Report is normally due annually on March 31. For FY2019, the CSBG Annual Report is due June 26, 2020.
Reasons for Extension:
OCS took the following into consideration when choosing to extend and choosing this date:
- OMB Clearance: OCS is waiting for the renewed approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) in order to accept the CSBG Annual Report. Until OCS receives this renewed approval for the CSBG Annual Report, we are unable to open the On-Line Data Collection system (OLDC) for submissions.
- OLDC Revisions: Due to improvements to both the SmartForms and the XMLs, OCS also updated OLDC. Recently, OCS learned that due to these improvements and updates, once we open OLDC for FY2019, we are no longer able to accept FY2018 CSBG Annual Report data.
- FY2018 CSBG Annual Report Reviews: OCS is currently reviewing the FY2018 CSBG Annual Report. As part of this process, any state that receives feedback on their FY2018 submissions is required to resubmit their finalized CSBG Annual Report. We wanted to ensure that we built in time for this. Since we will not be able to accept FY2018 Annual Reports once we open for FY2019 submissions, it is important to finalize FY2018 prior to opening FY2019.
The following timeline is rigid. We understand that the CSBG Network is very busy and appreciate your assistance with meeting these deadlines.
- Finalize FY2018 CSBG Annual Reports: Complete by April 20, 2020
- Release of FY2019 SmartForms: Complete by April 27, 2020 (we delayed in order to include FY2018 data)
- Submit FY2019 CSBG Annual Reports: Complete by June 26, 2020 (OLDC will open no later than April 27, 2020)
- Finalize FY2019 CSBG Annual Reports: October 9, 2020 (this includes the federal review period)
Please note that the steps in the timeline are interdependent. We must work together to ensure we meet all of the deadlines to avoid any further delay.
Again, we thank you for your support and cooperation during this time. If you have any questions, please contact your Program Specialist.
Thank you for your attention and OCS looks forward to continuing to provide high quality services to OCS grantees.
J. Janelle George
Acting Deputy Director
Office of Community Services