CSBG IM #153 State Assessment Schedule FY 2017
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Administration for Children and Families
Office of Community Services
Division of State Assistance
330 C Street, SW, 5th Floor
Mail Room 5425
Washington, D.C. 20201
COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM
Transmittal No. 153
Date: March 15, 2017
TO: State Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Lead Agencies
SUBJECT: CSBG State Assessment Schedule: Fiscal Year (FY) 2017
PURPOSE: To Inform State CSBG Lead Agencies of the CSBG State Assessment Schedule for FY 2017.
REFERENCES: Community Services Block Grant Act, Title VI, Subtitle B, of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981, as amended (The CSBG Act)
Each year, the Division of Community Assistance (DCA), within the Office of Community Services (OCS) conducts standard State Assessment reviews as required under Section 678B(c) of the CSBG Act. Below is the proposed FY 2017 schedule, which is published for Federal and State planning purposes.
|State||Evaluation #||Type||Approximate Date|
|North Carolina||2017-03||On-Site||May 2017|
State Assessments will follow a standard monitoring protocol addressing administrative, programmatic, and fiscal compliance with CSBG Act requirements. Prior to the scheduled State Assessments, OCS personnel will request documentation and provide information regarding the scope and objective of the assessment.
State Assessment Selection Process
As in previous years, the FY 2017 State Assessment selection process is based on criteria, which assess and prioritize data and information from the State and eligible entities to determine which States would receive the most benefit from an assessment review. Within each of the criteria are factors specific to statutory and Federal requirements governing the administration and accountability of CSBG funds.
The following criteria were considered:
- Criteria 1: States that have never been reviewed by OCS or significant time has elapsed since the State was last reviewed. States that have never been reviewed are given a high priority score.
- Criteria 2: Analysis of routinely available program monitoring information. These may include unresolved findings noted in previous State assessment reports, turnover in State CSBG staff, negative OIG findings for the State or its eligible entities, revocation of Federal funding for other programs at eligible entities, and complaints received by DCA.
- Criteria 3: CSBG funding allocation per State.
- Criteria 4: Analysis of past findings as reported in accordance with OMB Circular A-133 single audit requirements. This includes a trend analysis of all CSBG findings reported in the State, eligible entities, and sub-recipients if applicable.
If you have questions regarding the schedule, please contact David Barrie, Chief, Financial Operations Branch, Division of Community Assistance (DCA), on (202) 401-3589 or at David.Barrie@acf.hhs.gov.
J. Janelle George
Office of Community Services
- PDF im_153_csbg_monitoring_schedule_fy2017.pdf (38.17 KB)