CSBG IM #155 State Monitoring Schedule FY 2018
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Administration for Children and Families
Office of Community Services
Division of State Assistance
330 C Street, SW, 5th Floor
Mail Room 5425
Washington, D.C. 20201
COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT PROGRAM
Transmittal No. 155
Date: March 22, 2018
TO: State Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Lead Agencies
SUBJECT: CSBG State Assessment Schedule: Fiscal Year (FY) 2018
REFERENCES: Community Services Block Grant Act, Title VI, Subtitle B, of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981, as amended (The CSBG Act)
PURPOSE: To Inform State CSBG Lead Agencies of the CSBG State Assessment Schedule for FY 2018.
Each year, the Division of Community Assistance (DCA), within the Office of Community Services (OCS) conducts standard state assessment reviews as required under Section 678B(c) of the CSBG Act. Below is the proposed FY 2018 schedule, which is published for federal and state planning purposes.
|State||evaluation #||type||approximate date|
|New Jersey||2018-05||On-Site||August 2018|
State assessments will follow a standard monitoring protocol addressing administrative, programmatic, and fiscal compliance with CSBG Act requirements. Prior to the scheduled state assessments, OCS personnel will request documentation and provide information regarding the scope and objective of the assessment.
State Assessment Selection Process
As in previous years, the FY 2018 state assessment selection process is based on criteria, which assess and prioritize data and information from the state and eligible entities to determine which states would receive the most benefit from an assessment review. Within each of the criteria are factors specific to statutory and federal requirements governing the administration and accountability of CSBG funds.
The following criteria were considered:
- Criteria 1: States that have never been reviewed by OCS or significant time has elapsed since the state was last reviewed. States that have never been reviewed are given a high priority score.
- Criteria 2: Analysis of routinely available program monitoring information. These may include unresolved findings noted in previous state assessment reports, turnover in state CSBG staff, negative Office of the Inspector General (OIG) findings for the state or its eligible entities, revocation of federal funding for other programs at eligible entities, and complaints received by DCA.
- Criteria 3: CSBG funding allocation per state.
- Criteria 4: Analysis of past findings as reported in accordance with OMB Circular A-133 single audit requirements. This includes a trend analysis of all CSBG findings reported in the state, eligible entities, and sub-recipients if applicable.
If you have questions regarding the schedule, please contact David Barrie, Financial Operations Branch Chief, Division of Community Assistance, via phone (202) 401-3589 or email David.Barrie@acf.hhs.gov.
J. Janelle George
Office of Community Services
- PDF corr_csbg_im_155_monitoring_schedule_fy_2018.pdf (39.53 KB)