LIHEAP DCL American Customer Satisfaction Index Survey on T&TA
Dear Colleague Letter
DATE: October 29, 2019
TO: States, tribes, and territories
SUBJECT: American Customer Satisfaction Index (ASCI) Survey on LIHEAP Training & Technical Assistance (T&TA)
On Monday, October 28, 2019, the CFI Group sent an email to every state, tribe and territory that received a Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) grant last year. The email provides a link for each LIHEAP grantee to respond to a survey regarding your satisfaction with the training & technical assistance (T&TA) provided by the Office of Community Services (OCS), Division of Energy Assistance (DEA) staff and the contractors that have supported our T&TA activities over the past year or so.
OCS is requesting feedback from LIHEAP grantees to help us improve LIHEAP delivery and positive impact on the households that receive LIHEAP assistance. As in 2012, we have chosen to use the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) for the survey to provide direct LIHEAP grantees the opportunity to give OCS constructive feedback on the usefulness of the different LIHEAP T&TA activities we have provided to grantees, including conferences, webinars, one-on-one technical assistance site visits, online tools and publications, etc.
- The survey is being conducted by the CFI Group, an independent third-party research organization.
- The LIHEAP grantee program manager will receive all notifications about the survey from the CFI Group, on behalf of OCS, via the email address of: firstname.lastname@example.org beginning on Monday, October 28, 2019. The survey will close on Wednesday, November 27, 2019.
- We recommend that you check your spam and quarantine folders in case the survey is sent there.
- It is also important that the person who receives the survey not forward it as this makes it inoperable.
- Only one response per grantee will be accepted, but we encourage you to consult with all relevant team members within your organization, including fiscal staff, as you develop your response to the survey on behalf of your government.
- All responses to the survey will remain anonymous. CFI Group will only provide OCS with aggregated data.
- After OCS receives the final survey report, results and intended future action by OCS will be communicated to the LIHEAP grantee network in response to the feedback.
OCS is committed to improving the services and tools it provides to LIHEAP grantees. For federal Fiscal Year (FY) 2020, we will not conduct many of the LIHEAP T&TA activities we offered through contracted providers in recent years. Our current contracted T&TA providers for this year are APPRISE, on performance management, ICF, on monitoring, and NCAT, as the LIHEAP Clearinghouse.
This will give us an opportunity to assess the impact that the full range of prior activities had and inform our future LIHEAP T&TA investments to have the greatest impact on our collective ability to strengthen the administration of the program.
Your feedback is a critical element to our ability to do this. We look forward to your participation in the upcoming survey.
Should you have any questions or need any assistance from our office, please contact your DEA liaison.
Thank you for your attention and OCS looks forward to continuing to provide high quality services to OCS grantees.
Director, Division of Energy Assistance
Office of Community Services
- PDF comm_liheap_dcl_asci_survey_102919.pdf (170.68 KB)