SSBG DCL Additional Communication for Stakeholders/Grantees to Address COVID-19
Dear Colleague Letter
DATE: March 16, 2020
TO: Social Service Block Grant Grantees
SUBJECT: SSBG DCL Additional Communication for Stakeholders/Grantees to Address COVID-19
While we recommend that you work closely with your state and local public health authorities on issues related to preparing for COVID-19 in your organization and community, we want to share with you federal guidance in a number of areas, which is continuously being updated.
- Measures to prevent COVID-19 in your community, including at home, in childcare settings and schools, homeless centers, at work and in faith-based settings: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html Visit disclaimer page
- Information for higher-risk and special populations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/index.html Visit disclaimer page
- Information specifically related to domestic and international travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html Visit disclaimer page
- General Frequently Ask Questions, including how it spreads, symptoms, and what to do if you are sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html Visit disclaimer page
If you are unable to find federal guidance to address your concerns or are encountering any challenges in implementing your programs as a result of the COVID-19 virus, please reach out to your federal program contact, so that we can share this information with the relevant stakeholders to connect you to the information and/or resources you need.
Address inquiries for:
HHS Regions I, II, III, VII, X and Territories:
Social Services Program Specialist
Telephone: (202) 401-5399
Fax: (202) 401-5718
HHS Regions IV, V, VI, VIII, and IX:
Lynwood McDaniel, Jr.
Services Program Specialist
Telephone: (202) 401-4627
Fax: (202) 401-5718
Thank you for your attention and OCS looks forward to continuing to provide high quality services to OCS grantees.
J. Janelle George
Acting Deputy Director
Office of Community Services
- PDF comm_ssbg_dcl_additional_communication_for_covid_19_fy2020.pdf (174.33 KB)