This module is part of the CED Grantee Toolkit.
Review the materials in this section to learn more about your responsibilities as a CED grantee and the information you will need to get started with your grant.
Overview of the CED Program, Requirements, and Resources
CED provides technical and financial assistance to community development corporations (CDCs) for community economic development activities that address the economic needs of individuals with low income and their families.
Program objectives are:
- Create job opportunities for individuals with low income;
- Create and expand businesses in distressed communities, and
- Increase investment in distressed communities.
Viewing the Notice of Award for your CED Grant
Reading and Understanding the NoA for CED Grantees provides detailed information about each field of the NoA. The first thing you should do is view your Notice of Award (NoA).
It is the official legal document issued to the grantee that indicates a federal grant award has been made and funds may be requested to be used, and reported on, in the approved manner. The NoA is sometimes referred to as the Notice of Grant Award (NGA).
Watch this video for instructions for reviewing the NGA.
All projects must meet project milestones, use project partner agreements, and adhere to applicable Federal and programmatic rules and regulations, including those set forth in the HHS Grants Policy Statement, Uniform Administrative Requirements, and cost principles.
- Resource and Technical Assistance Guide connects you to staff and information
- CED Grant Forms Overview provides an overview of forms required for all CED grantees, as well as forms required under some circumstances.
- Real Property Reporting consists of information, guidance, and materials related to Real Property and Tangible Personal Property including information on reporting using the SF-429. If you have questions on property reporting, contact your OGM Specialist via GrantSolutions.
- HHS Grants Policy Statement Visit disclaimer page includes the general terms and conditions of all HHS discretionary grant and cooperative agreement awards.
- Uniform Administrative Requirements at 45 CFR part 75 Visit disclaimer page sets forth administrative requirements for both HHS agencies and grant recipients.
Explore more CED Grantee modules: