< Back to Search Results

I have been denied benefits through TANF. What can I do?

TANF Assistance, General


State and local agencies are responsible for establishing the eligibility criteria and procedures that apply in their programs, not the Federal government.  If you disagree with a decision regarding welfare benefits, you have the right to file an appeal. For more information about your State's appeals procedures, you may want to contact your State TANF Director's office.

Didn't receive the answer you were looking for? Have additional questions?

Email the Office of Family Assistance

Last Reviewed: June 29, 2019