< Back to Search Results

I want to get off of welfare, but I’m having trouble finding a job. What can I do?

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
TANF Assistance, General


Under the TANF program, the major mission of welfare agencies is to help individuals find jobs and successfully transition from welfare to work.

To obtain information about employment and training services provided through TANF in your state, https://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/help

In addition, you can obtain information about employment and training assistance by contacting America's Workforce Network.  Its toll-free help line is 1-877-US-2JOBS (1-877-872-5627). The toll-free help line provides workers and employers with the information they need to access public workforce services. You may wish to contact your local Department of Labor services.  You can also use America's Job Bank as another source for finding a job.

Didn't receive the answer you were looking for? Have additional questions?

Email the Office of Family Assistance

Last Reviewed: June 27, 2019