What do I need to do to add new occupational training programs to my grant program?
Addition of New Healthcare Occupational Trainings
Background: The healthcare occupations that were proposed in the grant application documents, and agreed upon by OFA, are the occupations that are considered approved for training participants. Programs are only allowed to train those healthcare occupations. Programs are allowed to add other healthcare occupational trainings as new labor market needs are identified, as long as those occupations are part of an articulated career pathway. Programs can add those healthcare occupational trainings, and offer training, after receiving approval from OFA.
Approval Process: Before the organization can train for a new healthcare occupation, the grantee will upload a justification containing the following items to GrantSolutions as a Grant Note using the naming convention Add Occ NAME MM YYYY Proposed (e.g. Add Occ Surgical Tech 11 2015 Proposed)
- The most pertinent Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code for the healthcare occupational training and a description of the new occupational training.
- How the proposed healthcare occupation training is preparing students for one or more specific employer or industry recognized credential or degree (which can include a license, third-party certification, postsecondary educational certificate or degree, or a Registered Apprenticeship certificate).
- A description, narrative or diagram, of the career pathway for the healthcare occupation.
- Labor market information, including employment rates, projected employment rates, and number of job openings.
- Real-time labor market trends, including job posting volume, and educational or experience requirements.
- Occupational wage data, including the median wage and wage ranges.
- Estimated average starting wages within the proposed service area.
- Verification from local employers regarding their needs and expectations.
- Local training capacity including the provider and length of training.
- Estimated number of participants that will begin the occupational training and an indication of if this addition would require other workplan projection changes.
OFA will note approval for the new healthcare occupation in GrantSolutions. Once OFA has done this, the new occupation with vendor information can be input into PAGES and training can be offered to participants for that occupation.