Engagement in Additional Work Activities and Expenditures for Other Benefits and Services
The Claims Resolution Act of 2010 (Public Law 111-291) was signed by President Obama on December 8, 2010. The Act extended the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant through the end of fiscal year (FY) 2011. The extension included two new reporting requirements, requiring States, the District of Columbia, and Territories (henceforth referred to as “States”) to provide additional detail about: (1) work participation for families that currently do not meet the TANF program’s requirements to count toward State work participation rates; and (2) TANF spending in two broad categories known simply as “other non-assistance” and “authorized solely under prior law.” States are required to submit two reports with these data – one for the month of March 2011 and a second for the months of April, May, and June, 2011.
Section 812 of the Claims Resolution Act requires the Secretary to submit a Report to Congress on the information submitted by States. This report reflects State reports for March 2011. A subsequent report will cover the April-June period.
- PDF Appendix VI: Subtitle B of the Claims Resolution Act of2010 (Public Law 111-291) (March 2011) (4,160.45 KB)
- PDF Appendix I: ACF-812 Instructions (March 2011) (25.95 KB)
- PDF Appendix II: Website Addresses for State Engagement Reports (March 2011) (16.75 KB)
- PDF Appendix III: Definitions of WEI Categories and Work Activities (March 2011) (12.18 KB)
- PDF Appendix IV: ACF-196 (SUP) Instructions (March 2011) (24.11 KB)
- PDF Appendix V: State ACF-196 (SUP) Reports (March2011) (2,145.01 KB)
- XLS Claims Resolution Act: March 2011 (MS Excel) (278.50 KB)
- PDF Claims Resolution Act: March 2011 (PDF) (870.69 KB)
- DOC Claims Resolution Act: March 2011 (MS Word) (1,932.00 KB)