The purpose of CCEEPRA is to support expert consultation and research and analyses that focus on child care and early education services and to build the capacity for new research and evaluation efforts at the Office of Planning, Research, and Evaluation (OPRE). Work on CCEEPRA provides OPRE with timely, high-quality research products designed to inform child care and early education policies and programs, including programs administered under the Office of Child Care (OCC) and the Office of Head Start (OHS).
CCEEPRA research activities include:
- Synthesizing knowledge gained through research and consultation with child care and early education experts to inform future research and policies at the national, state, and local levels;
- Translating research findings into resources that support policy development and inform a diverse range of audiences and stakeholders;
- Convening research and policy experts to review research findings and identify implications for policy decision-making and program administration;
- Conducting original research studies and secondary data analysis; and
- Identifying new methodological and analytic approaches to increase the efficiency and applicability of research efforts.
Work under CCEEPRA will be developed by engaging national research and policy experts and key stakeholders (e.g., state/territory CCDF administrators) to ensure that OPRE has access to information about current policy issues, research findings, and innovative methodologies in the field, and to provide a venue for jointly identifying gaps and opportunities in the child care and early education research and policy agenda.
Products supported through CCEEPRA include literature reviews, infographics, measures compendia, meeting summaries, briefing papers, webinars, research briefs, and research reports.