The purpose of the Fatherhood and Marriage Local Evaluation and Cross-Site Project is to support ACF’s third cohort (2015-2020) of Healthy Marriage and Responsible Fatherhood (HMRF) grantees through:
- fostering high quality data collection;
- strengthening grantee-led local evaluations;
- supporting continuous quality improvement efforts; and
- conducting cross-site performance measures analysis.
To accomplish this, OPRE is collaborating closely with the program office and funder, ACF’s Office of Family Assistance, and the third cohort of HMRF grantees, to:
- provide technical assistance to utilize a program-specific Management Information System (MIS) it developed called nFORM (Information, Family Outcomes, Reporting, and Management) to collect data using the project’s updated, program-specific performance measures and make data-informed decisions;
- support 32 grantees and their independent evaluators as they conduct grantee-specific impact or descriptive evaluations of their programs (“local evaluations”); and
- conduct descriptive analyses of cross-site data to document how grantees designed and implemented their programs and the reported outcomes for participants in the programs.
Taken together, these activities will further ACF’s understanding of HMRF programs. The project is being conducted by Mathematica.
Point(s) of contact: Katie Pahigiannis and Pooja Curtin.
Information collections related to this project have been reviewed and approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs under ACF’s Generic Clearance for Formative Data Collections for ACF Research (OMB #0970-0356). Related materials are available at the following pages on RegInfo.gov: