This report summarizes key findings from the implementation of Teen Choice in New York. Teen Choice is a comprehensive sex education program, covering both abstinence and contraception. Teen Choice was adapted to allow for implementation with youth with severe emotional and behavioral issues.
The report documents the following:
- implementation plans to serve high-risk youth;
- recruitment process and recruitment challenges for participating schools;
- who was actually served by the Teen Choice program;
- supports established to help facilitators implement the curriculum;
- overall adherence to the implementation plan; and
- the level of youth engagement and receptiveness to the curriculum.