This publication uses data from the National Survey of Early Care and Education (NSECE) to present four sets of tables, summarizing
- child-level estimates of types of child care;
- child care arrangement-level estimates for the hours and cost of care;
- child-level estimates for different common combinations of types of child care;
- household-level data on child care costs; and
- child-level data on child care costs.
Each section includes a brief description of the data elements before the respective set of tables. The tables provide basic descriptive information for researchers interested in understanding the specific patterns of child care use and costs that were selected for inclusion in this publication. They also provide estimates based on different family and community characteristics, such as poverty and urbanicity.
Report Updated July 2018.