Five of the Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG) grantees are Tribal Organizations and Tribal Colleges -- Blackfeet Community College in Browning, MT, Cankdeska Cikana Community College in Fort Totten, ND, College of Menominee Nation in Keshena, WI, Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc. in Anchorage, AK, and Turtle Mountain Community College in Belcourt, ND.
- Provides an overview of post-secondary education in tribal communities, including background about Tribal Colleges and Universities;
- Describes the economic status and employment rates of American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/AN);
- Provides data on AI/AN representation in healthcare professions, and discusses the benefits of greater diversity in the healthcare workforce;
- Describes tribal educational opportunities and pipeline programs; and
- Illustrates how the Tribal HPOG program is helping to bridge gaps by providing opportunities for native education, training, and employment.