This report describes program design and implementation of two Healthy Marriage programs that are part of the Parents and Children Together evaluation:
- The Healthy Opportunities for Marriage Enrichment program from The El Paso Center for Children’s in El Paso, Texas and;
- The Supporting Healthy Relationships program from University Behavioral Associates’ in Bronx, New York
The report includes a focus on the job and career advancement services offered by the two grantees, and presents data on enrollment, initial participation, retention, and the amount of services couples received from July 2013, the beginning of enrollment, through April 2015.
Analysis of the implementation of the programs found that:
- Programs reported that effective recruitment required face-to-face outreach
- The programs achieved strong participation in their services to strengthen couples’ relationships.
- Programs conducted regular program monitoring focused on program improvement.
- Programs offered limited job and career advancement services along with their relationship skills programming
- Low participation in job and career advancement services may have been related to couples’ job-related needs and preferences.