This report presents findings from the Systems Change Analysis of the 27 non-tribal HPOG grantees funded in 2010, which operated 49 programs. This study addresses the major research question: What changes to the service delivery system are associated with program implementation?
This report considers the following topics:
- Inclusion of partners and stakeholders in HPOG networks;
- Roles and responsibilities of partners and stakeholders;
- Changes in collaboration within HPOG networks during the grant period;
- HPOG networks, local labor markets, and employer perspectives;
- Effectiveness and sustainability of programs and network relationships; and
- Lessons and policy implications
The Systems Change Analysis represents one of the first efforts to evaluate comprehensively the systems that can support career-pathways-based training programs for low-income adults. While this analysis is exploratory, it takes an initial step toward understanding systems change for training programs and offers some key lessons for future efforts as well as policy implications.