Preventing Family & Youth Homelessness
ACF partners with states and local programs to prevent family and youth homelessness. These partnerships help vulnerable and low-income youth and families:
- Avoid homelessness
- Access affordable housing
- Provide the supports they need to succeed
Our regional efforts will identify and disseminate innovative and effective programs and policies being implemented in states and communities. We will work to increase state and local adoption of these promising and effective practices to prevent and end youth and family homelessness.
Federal to State and Local Partnerships
We support and promote innovative public-private partnerships so that government agencies can work effectively with national, regional, state, local, and philanthropic partners to discuss local challenges, needs, and share solutions to prevent and end youth and family homelessness.
ACF works closely with:
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Department of Labor (Labor)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Other federal agencies