UAC Contact Info

ORR Helpline for Unaccompanied Alien Children or Sponsors

800.203.7001 |

How does the ORR National Call Center help parents who are looking for their child?

  • The call center collects information from the caller, and will send information in real time regarding the caller’s inquiry to the shelter in which the child is located.
  • A caller may provide his/her name, contact information,, their relationship to the child or child’s family, etc. This information is collected by the call center and sent to the shelter.
  • The call center does not verify or authenticate relationships, and therefore MAY NOT share the location or other personal information regarding the child with the caller.
  • The ORR shelter is responsible for responding to a parent/sponsor/legal representative, after verifying the caller’s identity with the child or their family in the country of origin.

Other helpful information:

  • Not every adult who comes forward to claim custody of a child is an appropriate sponsor due to a variety of reasons, which may include custodial disputes in the home country or environmental factors unsuitable for children.
  • Professional case managers conduct vigorous investigations to determine safe settings for children to be released to a sponsor.
  • The ORR National Call Center is experiencing an extraordinarily high volume of calls.
  • To mitigate wait times and ensure rapid response, the call center has increased staffing during peak times.
  • To ensure the call center can focus on its critical mission of supporting children and families, ORR asks that members of the public, lawmakers, and media do not use the 1-800 number. Inquiries can be forwarded to or

In addition to reunification support, the ORR National Call Center also serves children and sponsors post-reunification with issues that may include: finding resources in the community for education, medical care, emotional support, juvenile justice, substance use, legal support and safety; providing guidance on strengthening the relationship between sponsors and children; and receiving reports of abuse or neglect.

Request for Case File Information

Outside entities, attorneys, or other individuals seeking UC case file information must make a request to ORR under the appropriate policies and procedures. Requesting parties should not make a FOIA request for UAC case file information.

Media Contact

Please visit ACF's Media Center page for contact details.

Program Contact Information

Office of Refugee Resettlement
Administration for Children and Families
Mary E. Switzer Building
330 C ST SW
Room 5123
Washington, DC 20201
Phone: 202.401.9246
Fax: 202.401.1022

Last Reviewed: July 3, 2018