Federal Guidance and Authority
Certain rules and legislation govern the development and operations of ORR’s resettlement programs and allocation of funding.
The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) operates according to a set of policies and principles set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Title 45: Public Welfare, Parts 400 [Refugee Resettlement Program] and 401 [Cuban/Haitian Entrant Program].
- Immigration and Nationality Act Visit disclaimer page (DHS) - Description about the Act and how it was created. Also link to the Act's menu to read the statutes governing immigration law.
- The Refugee Act
- Cuban Adjustment Act Visit disclaimer page (USCIS)
- Eligibility for permanent residence under the Cuban Adjustment Act despite having arrived at a place other than a designated port of entry
- Clarification of Eligibility for Permanent Residence Under Cuban Adjustment Act
- Amerasian Homecoming Act, Section 584 of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act of 1998, as amended
- William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 Visit disclaimer page