Key Documents for the Unaccompanied Children Program
FOR PROVIDERS AND SPONSORS:
- Request for UC Case File Information (Instructions)
- Authorization for Release of Records (Download form)
- Request for Specific Consent to Juvenile Court Jurisdiction (ORR C-1) — Specific Consent Form (DOC 83KB)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Status — Specific Consent Program Instructions (PDF 95KB)
- Saravia V. Wilkinson — Notice of Rights (PDF 50KB) (Español 425KB)
FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS:
Requesting Vaccination Records
Unaccompanied children (UC) are vaccinated while in ORR custody in accordance with the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) catch-up schedule. When children are released to sponsors, they are given their vaccination records.
If you believe your patient is a former UC who was in ORR custody and the patient is missing vaccination records, please fill out this document to have the vaccination record released to your office.
- Box 1: Fill out the patient’s name, alien number, and date of birth. ORR cannot confirm if the patient was in ORR custody without the alien number.
- Box 3: Fill out the provider’s name, the name of the clinic, and the clinic’s mailing address. Under mailing address, please enter the clinic or provider’s phone number and fax number.
- Box 5: If the patient is over the age of 14 years, have the patient sign; if the patient is under the age of 14 years, have the parent, guardian, or sponsor sign. A witness must also sign (can be the healthcare provider or clinic staff).
- Fax the form to 210.208.5204, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of the form, a representative will contact you at the phone number provided within 30 minutes. Representatives are available 7 days a week, from 9am to 9pm (Eastern Standard Time). If you do not hear from a representative, call 1-800-203-7001.
Note that many undocumented children who were apprehended with a parent or legal guardian may have been detained in the Department of Homeland Security’s family unit detention centers. ORR would not have their vaccination records.
- Authorization for Release of Records (vaccination records only)
If you need medical records other than vaccinations, follow the process here.
FOR UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN:
- An Introduction to What You Need to Know About Your Rights and Responsibilities Under the Law (PDF 109KB) (Español PDF 141KB)
- Notice of Rights and Provision of Services (PDF 113KB) (Español PDF 122KB)
- Know Your Rights Handout (PDF 213KB) | (Español PDF 228KB)
- Notice to Juvenile Aliens in Federal Facilities Funded by DHS or HHS by Reason of Their Immigration Status
English (PDF 21KB) | Español (PDF 89KB) | Haitian Creole (PDF 64KB) | Mandarin (PDF 60KB) | Hindu (PDF 86KB)
- Legal Resource Guide — Legal Service Provider List for UC in ORR Care (PDF 533KB)
- Legal Resource Guide (Español) — Guía de Recursos Legales (PDF 592KB)
- CA Department of Social Services - Unaccompanied Children Legal Services Provider List (December 2014)
- Request for a Flores Bond Hearing (PDF 111KB) | Español (PDF 127KB)
- Motion Requesting Bond Hearing for Unaccompanied Children in Secure or Staff Secure Custody (PDF 36KB)
- Motion Requesting Bond Hearing for Unaccompanied Children in Non-Secure Custody (PDF 36KB)
- Immigration Court List and Filing Address (PDF 41KB)
Medical Services for Unaccompanied Children
- Policy Memorandum: Medical Services Requiring Heightened ORR Involvement (PDF 248KB)
FOR FAMILIES, SPONSORS AND UNACCOMPANIED CHILDREN:
ORR National Call Center Information
- ORR National Call Center Flyer (PDF 210KB) (Español PDF 209KB)
- Wallet Card English (PDF 416 KB) (Español PDF 86 KB)
- UC Sexual Abuse Hotline Flyer (PDF 204KB) (Español PDF 207KB)
In-Country Refugee/Parole Processing for Minors in Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala (Central American Minors — CAM)
LEGAL BACKGROUND AND AUTHORITY
Title XII of the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 Visit disclaimer page (amending the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008)
Special Immigrant Juveniles: Perez-Olano v. Holder Settlement Agreement
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Application (DOC 131KB) (PDF 168KB)
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Decline of Placement (DOC 39KB) (PDF 49KB)
- Notice for Special Immigrant Juveniles (PDF 16KB)
- Notice of Proposed Settlement and Hearing in Class Action for Special Immigrant Juveniles (PDF 24KB)
- Signed Settlement Agreement (PDF 5.4MB)
We recommend using Internet Explorer to open these documents. If you are using a different browser, you may need to save the document to your computer and open it from your desktop before you are able to view it. If you experience further difficulty viewing these forms, please contact UACPolicy@acf.hhs.gov and a PDF file will be sent to you.
- Family Reunification Packet Cover Letter (PDF 137KB)
- Authorization for Release of Information (PDF 248KB)
- Family Reunification Application (PDF 325KB)
- Sponsor Care Agreement (PDF 83KB)
- Legal Orientation Program For Custodians Overview (PDF 168KB)
- UC Sexual Abuse Hotline Flyer (PDF 203KB)
- Fingerprinting Instructions (PDF 93KB)
- Sponsor Handbook (PDF 1.3MB)
- Letter of Designation For Care of a Minor (PDF 243KB)
- Sponsor Declaration (PDF 170KB)
- Privacy Notice For Sponsors (PDF 108KB)
- Privacy Notice For Parents and Legal Guardians (PDF 114KB)
- Fraud Warning (PDF 122KB)
- Family Reunification Packet Cover Letter (PDF 119KB)
- Autorización para la Divulgación de Información (PDF 737KB)
- Family Reunification Application (PDF 1.4MB)
- Sponsor Care Agreement (PDF 108KB)
- Legal Orientation Program For Custodians Overview (PDF 221KB)
- UC Sexual Abuse Hotline Flyer (PDF 207KB)
- Fingerprinting Instructions (PDF 119KB)
- Sponsor Handbook (PDF 1.2MB)
- Letter of Designation For Care of a Minor (PDF 244KB)
- Sponsor Declaration (PDF 171KB)
- Privacy Notice For Sponsors (PDF 109KB)
- Privacy Notice For Parents and Legal Guardians (PDF 140KB)
- Fraud Warning (PDF 123KB)