The Refugee School Impact Program is part of the Division of Refugee Assistance (DRA) and provides funding for activities that lead to the effective integration and education of refugee children. State and state-alternative programs receive grants to support impacted school districts services for school-age refugees. Students between the ages of 5 and 18 participate in activities that include:
- English as a Second Language instruction
- After-school tutorials
- Programs that encourage high school completion and full participation in school activities
- After-school and/or summer clubs and activities
- Parental involvement programs
- Bilingual/bicultural counselors
- Interpreter services
Refugee School Impact Funding Opportunities Data
RSIG Refugees Ages 5-18 by State FY2010-2012 (XLS (XLSX) 18KB)
The numbers of refugee children and other eligible populations, ages 5 through 18, are provided by ORR along with the Funding Opportunity Announcement number HHS-2014-ACF-ORR-ZE-0789.
Applications using different figures for their analysis must indicate their sources and account for any differences from the data provided by ORR.