Join us on National Human Trafficking Awareness Day
If you haven’t yet heard, the President proclaimed January as National Slavery & Human Trafficking Prevention Month. Join us as “we pledge to continue the battle to abolish modern slavery and restore the lives of those affected by human trafficking.” Here are a few simple ways you can get involved today and throughout 2019:
- Browse our January calendar and register for webinars or local events in your area. Information is available now for webinars including a Responding to Child Victims of Trafficking and Human Trafficking Resources for Health Care Professionals.
- Grab your favorite piece of blue clothing and join us and our partners at the DHS Blue Campaign for the #WearBlueDay campaign. Post your photo and tell us why you care about people who have been impacted by human trafficking.
- Share HHS Look Beneath the Surface campaign videos, public service announcements, and materials so everyone in your community will know that the National Human Trafficking Hotline is here to help.
- Earn your free Continuing Education/Continuing Medical Education (CE/CME) credits with SOAR Online at your own pace. Modules include SOAR to Health and Wellness, Trauma-Informed Care, and Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services. (Now available in español!)
- Human Trafficking Hotline Cases Projected to Jump 25% in 2018
- Over 1,000 Trained to Identify and Respond to Child Trafficking
- HHS Health & Human Trafficking Symposium
- Webinar: Human Trafficking and Individuals with Disabilities
- Service Recommendations for Human Trafficking Survivors With Substance Use Disorders
- Guiding Principles for Agencies Serving Survivors of Human Trafficking in the Regional Southeastern US