OTIP aims to develop a culture of data-informed policy. Policy resources include information memoranda, fact sheets, program instruction, and other policy documents on a variety of topics ranging from clarification of legislation and its impact on programs, to systemic issues that affect populations at risk of trafficking, to expanded details of OTIP programs and services.
- Fact Sheets (FS) provide brief information on programs, services, and special topics
- Information Memorandum (IM) provide basic information to stakeholders and the public about OTIP program activities, initiatives, partnerships with other agencies, research findings, and special topics of interest
- Program Instruction (PI) provide information to grantees and other stakeholders on policies, procedures, and processes for policy and program implementation
- Questions and Answers (QA) provide questions and answers on OTIP program policies
- Federal Register Notices are published in the Federal Register, providing information or invite comment on issues under consideration
Recent Policy Documents
Published: September 5, 2017This Program Instruction (PI) clarifies pre-certification and post-certification status of minor victims and potential victims of human trafficking eligible for
Issuance of Child Eligibility Letters on or after Applicant’s 18th Birthday if Application Received Prior to 18th BirthdayPublished: May 11, 2016This Program Instruction (PI) describes the process by which an individual may request eligibility for federally funded assistance for an alien child who may
Published: May 10, 2016The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) provides assistance to victims of human trafficking in the United States, guided by the Trafficking
- More Policy Documents >
Family and Youth Services Bureau Resources
Published: July 7, 2014On May 22, 2014, the Administration for Children and Families presented a webinar on Domestic Child Trafficking and the federal response.
Published: January 22, 2014In commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, federal agencies began to develop a plan to strengthen services for victims of human
Published: August 12, 2014The purpose of this demonstration grant is to develop, expand, and strengthen coordinated case management and comprehensive direct victim assistance for
- FYSB Resources >
Children's Bureau Trafficking Resources
Guidance to States and Services on Addressing Human Trafficking of Children and Youth in the United StatesPublished: September 13, 2013This document provides guidance addressing human trafficking of children and youth in the United States.
Published: August 22, 2016This podcast covers how the project identifies victims; provides therapeutic services; brings juvenile justice agencies, the State's attorney office, and public
- Children's Bureau Resources >