OTIP aims to develop a culture of data-informed policy. Policy resources include information memoranda, fact sheets, program instruction, and other policy documents on a variety of topics ranging from clarification of legislation and its impact on programs, to systemic issues that affect populations at risk of trafficking, to expanded details of OTIP programs and services.
- Fact Sheets (FS) provide brief information on programs, services, and special topics
- Information Memorandum (IM) provide basic information to stakeholders and the public about OTIP program activities, initiatives, partnerships with other agencies, research findings, and special topics of interest
- Program Instruction (PI) provide information to grantees and other stakeholders on policies, procedures, and processes for policy and program implementation
- Questions and Answers (QA) provide questions and answers on OTIP program policies
- Federal Register Notices are published in the Federal Register, providing information or invite comment on issues under consideration
Recent Policy Documents
This page contains resources that summarize the data collection, evaluation, and research efforts of the Office on Trafficking in Persons and the U.S.
Access information and data about the Domestic Victims of Human Trafficking Program (DVHT), including infographics and data fact sheets.
Access information and data about the Look Beneath the Surface Regional Anti-Trafficking Program, including infographics and data fact sheets.
- More Policy Documents >
Family and Youth Services Bureau Resources
On May 22, 2014, the Administration for Children and Families presented a webinar on Domestic Child Trafficking and the federal response.
In commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, federal agencies began to develop a plan to strengthen services for victims of human
The purpose of this demonstration grant is to develop, expand, and strengthen coordinated case management and comprehensive direct victim assistance for
- FYSB Resources >
Children's Bureau Trafficking Resources
Guidance to States and Services on Addressing Human Trafficking of Children and Youth in the United StatesThis document provides guidance addressing human trafficking of children and youth in the United States.
This podcast covers how the project identifies victims; provides therapeutic services; brings juvenile justice agencies, the State's attorney office, and public
- Children's Bureau Resources >
Federal Laws on Human Trafficking
- Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000 (P.L. 106-386)*
- Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to End the Exploitation of Children Today Act of 2003 (P.L. 108-21)
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2003 (P.L. 108-193)*
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2005 (P.L. 109-164)*
- William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008 (P.L. 110-457)*
- National Defense Authorization Act of 2013 (P.L. 112-239)*
- Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013 (P.L. 113-4)*
- Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act of 2014 (P.L. 113-183)*
- Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act of 2015 (P.L. 114-22)*
- Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-164)
- Abolish Human Trafficking Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-392)
- Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-393)*
- SOAR to Health and Wellness Act of 2018 (P.L. 115-398)*
- Frederick Douglass Trafficking Victims Prevention and Protection Reauthorization Act of 2018 (P.L. 115-425)*
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2017 (P.L. 115-427)
(* impacts HHS programs)